IMEA is pleased to launch the Southern Indiana Symposium & Clinic, a full-bodied professional development event for educators — specifically in the Southern Indiana area.
This year’s event will take place on Friday, September 9th and offer sessions for all level of Music Educator in Band, Orchestra, Choral and General Music. Visit the sessions link on the right hand side for more details.
September 8-9th, 2016
8:00a.m. (Registration) -4:00p.m. Central Time
University of Evansville (event partner)
Cost: $30 IMEA Members, $40 Non-Members, $15 Collegiates
- Choral: ‘Bring your Men’ Workshop — bring your men (Middle School through High School) to sing in this integrated workshop and session day.
- Band: Join Richard Saucedo and Castle HS’s Marching Band through several sessions related to all of the areas of fine tuning your playing and marching presentation. These sessions will include in-classroom work as well as outdoor marching.
- General Music: Sessions in Orff, Kodaly and Dalcroze as well as deliver techniques for integrating all of these into your General Music classroom.
- Instrumental: University of Evansville faculty will deliver instrumental technique sessions for saxophone, clarinet, flute, strings and providing tips on how to improve that stock dbl reed.
- Administration: Richard Saucedo will lead several sessions for music administrators including — working with parents, building relationships with administrators, and managing your fine arts department.
- Other great sessions: Sessions in classroom Suzuki, music and cognitive development and more.
- 2015 Southern Indiana Symposium Program PDF – 296 kB