IMEA is pleased to launch the Southern Indiana Symposium & Clinic, a full-bodied professional development event for educators — specifically in the Southern Indiana area.
This year’s event will take place on Friday, September 11th and offer sessions for all level of Music Educator in Band, Orchestra, Choral and General Music. Visit the sessions link on the right hand side for more details.
September 11th, 2015
University of Evansville (event partner)
- Choral: ‘Bring your Men’ Workshop — bring your men (Middle School through High School) to sing in this integrated workshop and session day. Dan Andersen from Center Grove will lead sessions while working with the men on everything from the changing voice, charting, vocal warm ups and more.
Vocal Pedagogy and Vocal Health Session (taught by University of Evansville Voice Faculty):
An interactive overview of the processes governing healthy phonation and the warning signs of vocal distress. Strategies for prevention and treatment of vocal fatigue for teachers and their students will be discussed.
- Band: Join Richard Saucedo and Castle HS’s Marching Band through several sessions related to all of the areas of fine tuning your playing and marching presentation. These sessions will include in-classroom work as well as outdoor marching.
- General Music: Sarah Hassler will lead an entire days worth of sessions in Orff, Kodaly and Dalcroze as well as deliver techniques for integrating all of these into your General Music classroom.
- Instrumental: University of Evansville faculty will deliver instrumental technique sessions in all areas. Work directly with U of E faculty as they deliver technique sessions that will help improve play in individual instrumental areas.
- Administration: Richard Saucedo will lead several sessions for music administrators including — working with parents, building relationships with administrators, and managing your fine arts department.
Hilton Garden Inn Evansville
220 Eagle Crest Drive
Evansville, IN 47715